Reversible Dosing Pump Suggestions (Not Neptune DOS) for Auto Feeder Setup

rhykerdreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for recommendations on a dosing pump capable of bidirectional operation (forward and reverse). I'm working on an automated feeding setup for thawed frozen foods and need a solution that can both dose the food mixture and then reverse to flush the lines afterward to prevent buildup or clogging.

I already have a Neptune APEX DOS, but it's currently in use for automated water changes, so I'm specifically looking for alternatives to the DOS that support reversible flow. Ideally, the unit would be programmable or at least controllable via a timer/controller to handle both the feed and flush cycles.

Any recommendations for a doser with these capabilities would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Hydros has a couple that have forward and reverse. I'm pretty sure I figured out a way to make it work but it's kind of tricky.

Another option is to use a second doser and have it flush RODI through the tube afterwards.

Use a T or Y and two check valves.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new