Review: AquaMaxx HF-M Filter/Skimmer Unit

Clownfish_Boy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
865
Location
Rocky Mount, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those like myself who have aquariums of 60 gallons or less and no room for a sump, the AquaMaxx HF-M filter/skimmer combine is a really great filtration system. It comes with some biological filter media and has a large compartment which may be used as a refugium or additional biological filtration. I am thoroughly pleased with the unit's operation; the skimmer works great on my 60 gallon.

IMG_2140.JPG


IMG_2138.jpg
 
Good feedback - thanks for sharing! How long have you had the Aquamaxx system? Have you noticed any changes in your water parameters?
 
Good feedback - thanks for sharing! How long have you had the Aquamaxx system? Have you noticed any changes in your water parameters?
No change in the water parameters; everything is perfect since the tank finished its startup cycle. But that skimmer sure removes a lot of gunk from the aquarium !
 
I use the same since set up of my 55 gallon in the beginning of July. So far I have no complaints. I recently added chaeto and made a DIY grow light to put on the back window. I can usually let it run during a water change of 10% with no worries. My heater, seneye and probes all fit in it with lots more room.
 
I use the same since set up of my 55 gallon in the beginning of July. So far I have no complaints. I recently added chaeto and made a DIY grow light to put on the back window. I can usually let it run during a water change of 10% with no worries. My heater, seneye and probes all fit in it with lots more room.
Cool ! That big compartment makes a great fuge or can contain additional bio media. It's like having a sump on the back of your tank....
 
I know this is a 5 year old thread….anyone with this unit have the skimmer cup leak during the break in period? Like from the seat, where the o-ring is? Is there a fix for this? Does it stop after the break in is complete?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new