Rex’s 7 Gallon Nano Build

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Welcome To My 7 Gallon Nano Build! I’ve Been In And Out Of The Hobby For Years Now, And Have Had Countless Tanks Of All Sizes. But This Is My First Tank Under 10 Gallons, Feel Free To Follow Me Along On The Build!

Equipment:

Tank - Imagitarium AIO 7 Gallon Tank
Light - Kessil a80 Tuna Blue w/ Kessil Spectral Controller
Return Pump - Sicce Micra 90GPH
Powerhead - CoralBox RN-1
Heater - Marineland precision Heater
ATO - AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro w/ 2 Gallon Reservoir
Substrate - 7 Lbs Of Live Rock, CaribSea Dry Live Sand

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 1:
Most Of The Equipment Has Arrived! Going To Be Setting The Tank Up Tonight And Hopefully Getting The Scape Finished Also!
0ECE186C-AA97-4F53-A7FD-BA03E833F9D5.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 1:
Most Of The Equipment Has Arrived! Going To Be Setting The Tank Up Tonight And Hopefully Getting The Scape Finished Also!
Awesome! I forgot to ask. What are the goals for this tank? Softies, Lps, sps, shrimp and inverts, fish ect... looks like you're in for some fun tonight ;)

OP
OP
Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I forgot to ask. What are the goals for this tank? Softies, Lps, sps, shrimp and inverts, fish ect... looks like you're in for some fun tonight ;)
I’ve really been going back and forth on what I wanna do for the tank. But I think I’ve care to the conclusion of doing a mixed reef. I really like scolys, acros, and zoas so the tank should be dominant of those. As far as fish go I’m still deciding what I want to do. I’m thinking some type of designer clownfish! Also there will be a decent amount of little inverts in the tank!

OP
OP
Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at this exact tank with a kessil A80 for a tanl on my desk but im thinking of making it a rock flower anemone only tank.

More pics please!
That’s sweet! I’d really suggest the tank and light, the only thing I’d say to do is get a stronger return pump. Also more pics to come soon, just finishing up the aquascape ;)

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 1:

I spy someone with good taste in shoes. I can’t wait until the waverunner rereleases Saturday. Resale is pricey for us size 13 bois

Tank build looks great so far!

OP
OP
Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spy someone with good taste in shoes. I can’t wait until the waverunner rereleases Saturday. Resale is pricey for us size 13 bois

Tank build looks great so far!
Aye thanks bro! It's good to see other people that enjoy reef keeping and sneakers :D I'm very mad because I bought the wave runners a month before the re release was announced and could've saved a ton of money

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aye thanks bro! It's good to see other people that enjoy reef keeping and sneakers :D I'm very mad because I bought the wave runners a month before the re release was announced and could've saved a ton of money

Eh it happens. I missed on the tinker 3’s during early access and paid resale. Little did I know they would rerelease like 12 times.

OP
OP
Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2:
Hey everyone,
Quick little update on the tank!
So I got everything set up last night and finished up the aquascape, it was quite difficult to get the scape the way I wanted since I have such little room to work with.
EDD1E8EC-3E6E-41C3-BDE8-1BBF5AC20A8E.jpeg

Here’s what I came up with, my ultimate goal was to have plenty of space up top for acros while still have room down low for some other corals.

Also I did participate in this past weekends live sale hosted by @AquaSD, and picked up a few goodies which I’ll be throwing in the frag tank for the next week or so until the water checks out good.

As for now I’m letting the tank do it’s thing and cycle in, I’ll be dosing a few chemicals over the next couple days which should help with the cycling process.

OP
OP
Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 3:
So I’ve been going back and forth wether to add sand or not, but I finally decided to add some. I went with some of CaribSeas dry live sand and added about a quarter inch of it. I’m super glad I did this because it makes the tank look 100 times better.

As far as water parameters go, the cycle is finished! I’ve been adding some of AquaVitro’s remediation which has helped make the process quite quicker. I’m also starting to get a little bit of algae on the rocks, so I think I’m going to add a CUC tomorrow or Saturday. I also plan on adding a few coral over the weekend if the water parameters stay steady.

Here’s a updated FTS with the sand :)
AF5F0C21-F502-43F6-9831-FD2F8367D4DF.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. Looks like a great start.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had a Kessil a80 Tuna Blue w/ Kessil Spectral Controller over a 7 gallon AIO. Loved it; a very versatile light for the job. Best wishes on your tank!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back