RF Board for Vectra bad when purchased new

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
So I was all excited to find out about the new Mobius app as it is a bit of a hassle getting down into my stand to change settings on my Vectra S1 return pump. So, I took it apart to see if it had an RF board, and LO and Behold it did! In fact, it had the black RF board!! But, for some reason it wasn't working. Actually, it NEVER worked from when I bought the pump in Nov 2018, (I never saw the "W" light up when first plugged in).
So, I contacted Ecotech to see what solutions they had, first they said to unplug the controller, remove the board, plug the controller back in, unplug it again and reinstall the board, (guess this was to reboot?) and then "W" should light up. Nope!
Then they said because unit was out of warranty, I would have to buy new RF board, even though I made it clear it NEVER worked from the beginning.
So, I ordered a new board. If it doesn't work I'll be a little unhappy.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had the same thing with an MP10 QD .. A new RF module in and everything was good.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In there defense, a warranty is a warranty. If it wasn’t working, they should be contacted within the warranty period- there is no way for a commercial company to just relay on customer’s word of mouth regarding when it started to go bad, etc.

Definitely a bummer though :(

OP
OP
Phil D.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so got the new RF board two days ago and installed today. DID NOT WORK!! So wasted $30 on a new board. Turns out something in the controller is bad, ( I have a Vectra S1 return pump). Hopefully Ecotech will have pity and give me new controller, the "W" has NEVER lit up, even when new and first turned on.

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so got the new RF board two days ago and installed today. DID NOT WORK!! So wasted $30 on a new board. Turns out something in the controller is bad, ( I have a Vectra S1 return pump). Hopefully Ecotech will have pity and give me new controller, the "W" has NEVER lit up, even when new and first turned on.

Sorry man thats not their problem. If it never got reported, that's it. Can't go back to Ford and say the radio never worked 10-years later and ask for it under warranty.-

OP
OP
Phil D.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, due to the fact that I didn't know it was supposed to light up from the beginning, how was I supposed to know?

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, due to the fact that I didn't know it was supposed to light up from the beginning, how was I supposed to know?

I feel for you, but its really not Ecotech's issue...same thing - if you never tried the rear seat heaters in a car, then after the warranty is up tell the manufacturer well you never tried them so how were you supposed to know they'd laugh you out.

Its unfortunate you didn't know, but its on you to find replacement parts for it now. If Ecotech helps you, its purely goodwill, they have zero obligation and if they deny you, its no reflection on them.

OP
OP
Phil D.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am hereby withdrawing my criticism of Ecotech. They have set up a warranty replacement controller for me and I should be getting it in a few days. Thanks Eco Tech!

OP
OP
Phil D.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, last word on this subject. My new controller for my Vectra came on Saturday, got it installed, followed the instructions on the Mobius app, calibrated the Vectra and VOILA!!! IT WORKS!!!! Speed control and feed mode!! I have it set now and LOVE the fact that I can go up or down on the speed by 1% increments, making it super precise to get the water level in the overflow area EXACTLY where I want it!!
THANKYOU ECOTECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't have to send a new controller but they did and I'm extremely grateful.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back