Constantly disconnecting from MxM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Exus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the MXM recently, and I've been coming across an issue where my vortech and vectra pumps are appearing as missing on Apex. Sometimes it's just one device, and today all my devices are missing. I have to unplug the aquabus for the MXM and plug it back in for the devices to get deteched again. This has been happening a couple times a week. My apex and mobius devices are all in the same controller board, so distance shouldn't be the issue. My wifi router is just across the living room, no more than 6 ft away.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem like a silly question but I discovered that it plays a huge role in how mxm communicates with devices.

In mobius, do you have any devices that aren't connected to mxm? Say for instance versas?

If so, separate them by creating a new tank in mobius and move all your non mxm connected equipment over to that tank.

See if that helps with missing devices.

OP
OP
E

Exus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem like a silly question but I discovered that it plays a huge role in how mxm communicates with devices.

In mobius, do you have any devices that aren't connected to mxm? Say for instance versas?

If so, separate them by creating a new tank in mobius and move all your non mxm connected equipment over to that tank.

See if that helps with missing devices.
All my devices were connected to the MXM.

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m dealing with this right now. Earlier all of my mp40’s and both of my pumps were shown as missing. I restarted the Apex and they all came online except for one pump. I guess I’ll try the aquabus trick and see if that helps, otherwise I may try deleting them all from mxm and re-adding them. Nobody knows what causes this? Mine was fine for months until just now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back