RFA trouble

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
For a while I’ve had a rock flower anemone that did great, until a BTA moved to its location and stung it. The RFA picked up and moved to a new location, and stayed there. However, the new spot is far from ideal, with way too much flow & lighting causing it to begin bleaching. Despite this, it seemed adamant about its new spot. Today I decided to intervene, despite knowing that you should never try to force an anemone to a new spot. After 40 minutes of pulling and nearly mutilating the rfa, I realized that it just wasn’t letting go. Now I’m hoping it survives what I did to it, which pretty much made its condition worse and has exposed it to potential infections. Assuming (and hoping) it recovers, are there any suggestions to “politely” coax it off of this spot, that way it can go to a more appropriate location?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try the nem cannon if possible, just need a sponge, some pvc piping and rubber bands

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thankfully the anemone was ticked off enough to let go by itself, giving me the opportunity to move it. The foot looks very messed up, but I’m hoping that it can recover in its new spot. So far it is looking much better though.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 1/4 air line made to fit onto a small pump worked like a wonder for me. It creates a constant yet not too powerful flow. I get mine to let go in under 5 minutes without having to touch them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back