Rhino's 40 Breeder Peninsula Build

Rhino

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
989
Reaction score
233
Location
Cookeville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after starting my first reef tank a little over a year ago I have decided its time for an upgrade. I currently have a JBJ rimless 30 gallon AIO. It's been a great little tank, I have just decided I don't much care for the dimensions. I have always loved 40 breeders, and even ran one as a planted freshwater tank for a while. When I decided it was upgrade time I new right off the bat what size I wanted. I also knew that I wanted to do the tank peninsula style in between our living and dining room. The wife may change her mind, but for now that's the plan. I am going to go with a glass holes 700 GPH overflow and 3/4" return. I have already paid for my skimmer just have to pick it up, it's a Tunze 9410. Most of the other equipment is going to be pretty standard. When I get back from vac I am going to post a full equipment list and prices. I am having a hard time deciding on lighting though. A lot of people are switching to LEDs for the obvious benefits but I can get a REALLY good deal on a t5ho fixture right now. Just trying to debate if it's worth holding out a little longer or just pulling the trigger. Thoughts?
 
T5 is still a really good way to go. Can't go wrong there.
 
40 gb is a great room divider heres mine...
uploadfromtaptalk1402686043685.jpg

btw a rock wall on the back...looks awesome
 
Looking forward to seeing this, us rhinos got to stick together LOL

Hahaha true true. I am coming back from vac tomorrow. Once I am back I will be finalizing the parts list and start placing orders tomorrow night.
 
Well may not be doing a 40 after all. The wife is talking a bigger tank so I will be pricing tanks before I decide which way to go.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new