Rhizotrochus Typus

  • Thread starter Thread starter plaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I just ordered one from Roe's, I can't wait. Been doing ton of research on these fellas & I think I can handle it. It will be the most $$$ I've owned so far.

Onere thing I'm not sure of... One person said they can sting neighboring corals (although I have a pretty open spot for it in the shade, under a plating monti). If they are in the family of dendros, they they shouldn't, right?
 
Last edited:
Here is mine:wink:
Picture1375.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was freaking out yesterday. My $300 Rhizo fell thru a crack into the back, behind a rock wall I can't move. Really messed up the orange monti growing above it to get it out with long tweezers but the Rhizo is no worse for wear.
 
I have seen Cherrycorals bring a few nice Rhizos to swap meets in the 250-350 range. Its still not cheap but definitely closer to affordable for the dedicated hobbyist.

As they don't have zoxanthellae, I am not sure why some appear to be bleached (which by definition is to lost zoxanthellae) but some do appear lighter than others.


Anyway, for me if I am going to have something else I need to feed from here on out its got to have fur and four legs :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new