Rhodactis (?) are growing wild...

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys n gals,

I need some advice on my Rhodactis' please. I took a two week holiday with a holiday feeder giving a small feed every two days. On my return I found the corals have grown massively and are dominating the tank! Not a terrible problem and maybe just shows they were happier without a water change? (I normally do weekly as it's a small system).

I would love to get to the bottom of what variety these are exactly as I acquired them from a private seller (my LFS charge an absolute fortune) who told they were Green Emeralds...

Secondly, do you think a lower tank placement would help control them? At night time they close down to about an inch but during light hours they grow about six times in size.

Photos below
IMG20210926191216.jpg

IMG20210926191117.jpg
IMG20210926191236.jpg
IMG20210926191225.jpg
Sheesh thats big. Frag it and sell it. Will pay back for the price of the coral

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys n gals,

I need some advice on my Rhodactis' please. I took a two week holiday with a holiday feeder giving a small feed every two days. On my return I found the corals have grown massively and are dominating the tank! Not a terrible problem and maybe just shows they were happier without a water change? (I normally do weekly as it's a small system).

I would love to get to the bottom of what variety these are exactly as I acquired them from a private seller (my LFS charge an absolute fortune) who told they were Green Emeralds...

Secondly, do you think a lower tank placement would help control them? At night time they close down to about an inch but during light hours they grow about six times in size.

Photos below
IMG20210926191216.jpg

IMG20210926191117.jpg
IMG20210926191236.jpg
IMG20210926191225.jpg
How is your orchid dottyback working out for you? interested in adding one in the near future

OP
OP
ReefKeeperNick

ReefKeeperNick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your orchid dottyback working out for you? interested in adding one in the near future
Thankfully my Dottyback (Shiva) has been amazing so far. Digging and building caves, darts around and aggression toward my clowns so I've been lucky. I think being captive bred is a good way to go. Beautiful colours and great to watch. Not sure if I've got lucky but I would recommend them!

OP
OP
ReefKeeperNick

ReefKeeperNick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankfully my Dottyback (Shiva) has been amazing so far. Digging and building caves, darts around and aggression toward my clowns so I've been lucky. I think being captive bred is a good way to go. Beautiful colours and great to watch. Not sure if I've got lucky but I would recommend them!
*NO aggression haha =)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back