Riccordea care?

Thenanoreefer264

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting out in the saltwater reef hobby and would like to have some tips on keeping riccordea. Thanks!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower lighting, mod flow with placement at an angle to the rock work seems to work really well. Ricordia always do better for me under T5 and PC than LED and MH. The conditions with regard to keeping sps is not always compatible with Ricordia. That is not to say hobbyist do not make it work, just consider this Coraillmorph does not need to be blasted with light and flow.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Orange ones I have seem to like high flow and light. I think they are an anomaly though because they are fast growing and do well in conditions outside of what is mentioned above.
These are the only ones I have experience with.
ZTzp2vO.jpg

OP
OP
Thenanoreefer264

Thenanoreefer264

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Mine i think is riccordea yuma which i think is the green-blue kind. Its doing well so far.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every Ricordia i've had died within a couple weeks... i've tried medium flow, high flow, low light (sand bed), mid light (middle area)... I've tried with nitrates between 40-60 ppm... i've tried with nitrates at 0...

I just don't have any dang luck with these things lol.. i've given up... all my other corals are doing well and thriving... from shrooms, to zoas, to birds nest, some acros, frogspawn, duncans, xenias.... :/

Back