OP
RichieT

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a random one me and a buddy picked up. There were half a dozen, but only two made it plus that little baby. I'm hoping they start growing

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome collection!!!!!!!! Did you start from scratch after the move or did you end up shipping some stuff over to SF?

ksanfranfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build and coral collection. Love your chalice collection and in particular the Purple Poison.

OP
OP
RichieT

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no full tank shot yet. No since in rushing it. The zoa garden is still growing out and the acros are still fraggy.

I have gone a little more high tech with the tank in the last few weeks. I added a BM doser to keep up with my Alk/Calc needs instead of dosing by hand twice a day. I'm going to be doing some traveling in the near future and I want to make it as simple as possible for the significant other. I haven't noticed any significant boosts in color or PE so I'm guessing dosing by hand is just as effective and I might go back to doing it after the traveling.

Also added a protein skimmer (My first skimmer ever). I've been feeding more often since this is primarily and zoa and lps tank and because of that I've noticed a build up of a slimy algae on the sandbed. I'm hoping the skimmer will help me with excess nutrients in the water column.

And last but certainly not least, I finally put together a ATO so I don't have to do that by hand anymore. What a relief. Out of all the extra equipment you can ever buy for a system I think the ATO is the best investment.

And now for the eye candy. I'm very happy with the growth so far.

Shrooms:

This guy has been developing very nice orange and green bubbles (I'm hoping they get as big as the Godspawn/Bounce)

Bought this guy from Travis at PZ. When it came in it was a glob of shroom goo and Travis promptly refunded me the money. I threw the frag plug into the back of the tank and forgot about it for a few months. This sweet shroom has been reborn in all it's former glory. This pic does it no justice because it is seriously just as bright as my jawbreakers.
Side Shot

Top Down

I can't capture the metallicy sheen that this one has, but the base is red and green with those bright orange dots throughout

Monti:

This is the JF Green Eggs and Ham. If you don't own this one and you are a monti fan jump on it. Crazy mint green with pink (not white) polyps. My favorite right behind the WWC Grafted Cap

Zoas:

Speckled Fire and Ice (oldies but goodies)

The original PZ Vampire

No Namers

Sunny Ds

ARC Poinsettias (best shot I've taken of it so far)

Sweet Golds
Daylight

Actinic

And still my favorite (Growing three baby polyps right now)

OP
OP
RichieT

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS:

Some nice Acans I picked up from Mr. Polandsprings

Still my favorite Chalice - WWC Sunrise (I'll be doing a side by side shot with the JF Trio soon)

Invert:

The Colorado Sunburst - Haven't taken a picture of this guy for a while, but it's atleast 6-7 inches big now and the color gets bright every day. You won't believe this picture, but that's true to life. Just look at the frags right below it. No oversaturation

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gnna need a close up of that bottom right one...
IMGP7668_zpsfea96520.jpg

Clearwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great collection you have put back together. You have a true gem there. Keep up the great work. Btw your scape looks amazing. Can't wait to see this tank mature. Hit me up if you are ever in ventura county. South of ya

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back