OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the green killing machine uv? I’m thinking about the same. Worry about cheap uv that use non uv proof plastic and leaching chemicals to the tank.
It’s been fine so far. But the bulb only lasted a few months

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank on order. Can’t wait for it to show up.

I live in a condo and being in Canada, they “delivery indoors” option is not available. I assume this comes in 2 boxes right? Do you think I could break down the pallet out front of my building and bring the tank and stand box up the elevator separate on a dolly? I have one of those flat laying, 4 wheel dolly’s.

I see the site itself says the tank it’s 156 lbs so that is manageable, but I think here you said your shipment was 360 lbs. is the stand super heavy? Just trying to plan logistics of getting it into my place

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank on order. Can’t wait for it to show up.

I live in a condo and being in Canada, they “delivery indoors” option is not available. I assume this comes in 2 boxes right? Do you think I could break down the pallet out front of my building and bring the tank and stand box up the elevator separate on a dolly? I have one of those flat laying, 4 wheel dolly’s.

I see the site itself says the tank it’s 156 lbs so that is manageable, but I think here you said your shipment was 360 lbs. is the stand super heavy? Just trying to plan logistics of getting it into my place
I don’t think it was really 360lbs. Whoever the box with the stand is t that bad at all. But the tank you need to strong people

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added sunset monti and a green leptospirosis today. This tank has been amazing so far. Love every minute of it. Between the saxby settings on the ai primes and my coral selection I’m just in love with this tank.

Attachments

• 86C27BC1-5FED-41C1-9B4E-BD57C376EEF8.jpeg
    86C27BC1-5FED-41C1-9B4E-BD57C376EEF8.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 42

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the 2.75inch socks that comes with the tank? I have the same tank and once the socks get a bit dirty, the flow reduces and trigger my ATO to fill. My ato sensor is in the return chamber.
Curious what is your setup and how you deal with this ?

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the 2.75inch socks that comes with the tank? I have the same tank and once the socks get a bit dirty, the flow reduces and trigger my ATO to fill. My ato sensor is in the return chamber.
Curious what is your setup and how you deal with this ?
The socks are gone for kraken cups and floss. My channel southern Ontario palms and tropicals shows all the upgrades I’ve done to this tank since I’m the only one on YouTube. Lol

aqua.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang, I have this tank setup for a couple months now and love it.
I originally bought the Sicce 2.0 and to be honest I should have just kept it. I upgraded to an SDC 6.0 and it is nice, but just a lot of Bells and whistles that are unnecessary. I honestly found the syncra to be quieter as well, even after 6 weeks of break in on the DC.

I did buy the VCA random flow generators and they are killer. You do have to buy directly from them though as BRS doesn’t sell the right sizes. Also, the kraken reef filter cups are awesome!

hopefully the tank gets to you quickly. When mine finally shipped i got it two days later.
Did you have to cut the tubing to fit the return pump?

Cryptiic86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was so long ago. I can’t remember but if you do. It’s no big deal
I have this same tank a few months now. Are you using nero 5? I have two of them on low settings and seem to still be consistently over 1000gph each. Wondering if I should drop down to the Nero 3.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back