WWC%2BMolotov%2BChalice.jpg

WWC Molotov Chalice

coral408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is recovery thankfully . . .
The Interceptor treatment (two 23 mg tablets per 100 gallons) for three consecutive weeks has finally done its job. The key for making this medication effective was mixing it in boiling hot water which made it liquify after pulverizing it in the mortar and pestle.

BC%2BPink%2BMatrix%2B%2528Actinic%2529.jpg

BC Pink Matrix (Actinic Shot)

Hung%2527s%2BGrafting%2BRainbow%2BExplosion%2B%2528Actinic0.jpg

Hung's Grafting Rainbow Explosion (Actinic Shot)

Jurnee%2527s%2BUnicorn%2B%2528Actinic%2529.jpg

Jurnee's Unicorn (Actinic Shot)

Ricky%2527s%2BSuperman%2BTenuis%2B%2528Actinic%2529.jpg

Ricky's Superman Tenuis (Actinic Shot)
Just read through your thread, What an amazing tank and great coral collections!!
Glad to see your tank recovered beautifully!
Would you mind clarify your interceptor tx was for the STN or for polyp retractions and thinner tissues of acropora which I have same issue?
and where do you get the medication?
really appreciate.

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your thread, What an amazing tank and great coral collections!!
Glad to see your tank recovered beautifully!
Would you mind clarify your interceptor tx was for the STN or for polyp retractions and thinner tissues of acropora which I have same issue?
and where do you get the medication?
really appreciate.

Thank you ;)

I used Interceptor from the Vet, I showed them the article about Red Bugs and my issues I was having and they gave me a prescription. I also have Interceptor from Joe's Pet Med's which also does the trick. I would recommend 2 tablets (23 mg milbemycin oxime per tablet) per 100 gallons to treat any critters in the tank. I believe I performed this treatment once a week for a total of four weeks. Make sure to remove the carbon and GFO from the tank. I took the skimmer cup off and opened the outlet pipe all the way as turning off the skimmer will lower your pH and I lost corals from leaving the skimmer off as recommended by other sources. After 24 hours of treatment you can do a 10-25% water change (your preference). Do make sure you crush the tablets and mix in boiling RO water as it will dissolve completely. I wasted tablets by crushing them and mixing in colder RO water which never dissolved and did not kill any pests.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.24.27 AM.png

Last edited:

coral408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your clarification. It must be a daring decision you made to treat all of your beautiful corals at once.
I recently have polyp recessions and pale colors started on one of the colonies, the others appear normally, not figuring out the sources yet. But, I will take one step at a time, beginning with replacing all RO/DI filters which I neglected to change for a while.
Happy Reefing and Happy New Year to you and to all members of R2R!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back