Ricky's Reef (120 Gallon)

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Awesome tank! Do you have any updated pictures and how is everything going?

I am not too far from you, I am up in Allentown PA

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walt%2BDisney.jpg

Walt Disney

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really nice!

How do you like the OW pumps? I have been thinking of getting some for my frag tank

So far I like them, the are just as powerful and quiet as the previous Jebao powerheads but now they swivel 180 degrees which allow for more control over the direction of water flow.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So far I like them, the are just as powerful and quiet as the previous Jebao powerheads but now they swivel 180 degrees which allow for more control over the direction of water flow.

Where do you buy yours if you dont mind me asking and do they have any kind of warranty?

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you buy yours if you dont mind me asking and do they have any kind of warranty?

I used to use Fish Street but now I use Amazon Prime (two day delivery). I believe they have a one year warranty but the process is a PITA I end up buying new pumps because they are so cheap and they come out with a new model every year.

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick what did you find when you had the issue with no growth and polyps back in 2017? Did you run cheato and lack of Iron/manganese?Thanks

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick what did you find when you had the issue with no growth and polyps back in 2017? Did you run cheato and lack of Iron/manganese?Thanks

I did run Chaeto, my ICP test showed elevated levels of Tin and Silicate. I am not sure what the issue was but I do know that once I switched from BRS DIY two part to ESV B-Ionic and from Aquaforest Reef Salt to Instant Ocean the colors and growth came back. My tank has always had elevated nitrates (25 ppm) and phosphates fluctuate between 0.03 and 0.10 ppm.

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did run Chaeto, my ICP test showed elevated levels of Tin and Silicate. I am not sure what the issue was but I do know that once I switched from BRS DIY two part to ESV B-Ionic and from Aquaforest Reef Salt to Instant Ocean the colors and growth came back. My tank has always had elevated nitrates (25 ppm) and phosphates fluctuate between 0.03 and 0.10 ppm.

I had the same issue and just switched to ESV too. How long it took for the growth and polyps come back? So you don’t run Chaeto anymore?

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue and just switched to ESV too. How long it took for the growth and polyps come back? So you don’t run Chaeto anymore?

After a month of 20% weekly water changes I noticed a color difference. I don’t run Chaeto at the moment, my algae died off in both tanks. I do not have algae on my rocks but I still get the green film algae that grows on the glass.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back