Ricordea Dominated Pico - Spec III or Evo V?

tehSAC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2016
Messages
325
Reaction score
459
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am wanting to start an office tank in the next couple of months and I am set on it being a Ricordea dominated tank. I am just now starting to do my research and have narrowed it down to two tanks. The Fluval Spec III or the EVO V.

With the Spec III I was planning on upgrading to a PAR 30 bulb or the Finnex Ray2 LED strip. As for flow I was thinking of keeping it stock since it will only be mushrooms. If I added a fish it would be a single Green Clown Goby or a single Citron Goby. Thoughts?

With the EVO V my plan was to keep the tank as stock as possible. Figuring the only upgrades would be media. Hoping the flow and the lights would suffice for mushrooms. Same plan with stocking the tank but maybe add a shrimp or a second fish. Possibly a small Blenny (suggestions?) or a Red Finned Goby.

As for heaters which would be good for each model?

Any thoughts or input would be helpful as I do my research.

Thanks
 
The issue with fish and tanks that small is any change in water quality can equal death. Even just a bit too much water evaporation can kill them. I would suggest sticking with coral until you get it up and running for a bit...then maybe try fish and inverts.
 
Gotcha

I actually was thinking over the weekend that a fishless tank would be easier to keep in the office.

So should I go with the V or the Spec III?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new