Ricordea Dominated Pico - Spec III or Evo V?

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am wanting to start an office tank in the next couple of months and I am set on it being a Ricordea dominated tank. I am just now starting to do my research and have narrowed it down to two tanks. The Fluval Spec III or the EVO V.

With the Spec III I was planning on upgrading to a PAR 30 bulb or the Finnex Ray2 LED strip. As for flow I was thinking of keeping it stock since it will only be mushrooms. If I added a fish it would be a single Green Clown Goby or a single Citron Goby. Thoughts?

With the EVO V my plan was to keep the tank as stock as possible. Figuring the only upgrades would be media. Hoping the flow and the lights would suffice for mushrooms. Same plan with stocking the tank but maybe add a shrimp or a second fish. Possibly a small Blenny (suggestions?) or a Red Finned Goby.

As for heaters which would be good for each model?

Any thoughts or input would be helpful as I do my research.

Thanks

smoke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with fish and tanks that small is any change in water quality can equal death. Even just a bit too much water evaporation can kill them. I would suggest sticking with coral until you get it up and running for a bit...then maybe try fish and inverts.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha

I actually was thinking over the weekend that a fishless tank would be easier to keep in the office.

So should I go with the V or the Spec III?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back