Ricordea Splitting…Right?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MariahP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MariahP

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2022
Messages
248
Reaction score
343
Location
Washington DC
What state or country do you live in
Washington, D.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
just got these cute ricordeas last week. There are two in the frag base and the front one now is split on one side down to about the mouth. It’s just normal splitting right??

A47ECB39-CCD9-45B6-B842-B9D880DDFCA3.jpeg
 
It looks healthy, Id give it a couple weeks to settle in. They are very very hardy. I got a really nice orange ricordea a few months ago and the person at the shop accidentally flung it onto the floor. They offered me a different one but I took it anyway, it's still doing great. Not too much light, not too much flow, you'll have these types of corals forever.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new