Ricordea yuma sickness?

ethnchrstnsn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange Ricordea Yuma. I am still very new to this so I’m not certain about the proper care for these mushrooms although the other 2 seem to be doing fine. This Yuma was fine one night and then excreting a brown like substance the next. It’s been 2 days since then and it hasn’t been happy since. Tonight, it seems to be rejecting some small red/brown orbs from its mouth. Photos will be listed below. The parameters and salinity seem to be in near ideal conditions with nitrates a bit high but still in the safe zone.
E9F203E4-B425-4FBD-B123-FF5A87AD6A71.jpeg
image.jpg

Both photos taken the same night ^v
image.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your yuma's look fine and shame on you for posting a picture on here of them taking a dump.

Really!
trash dumping GIF

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be filter feeding on things in the water. I am always glad at Thanksgiving that I have a mouth and a terminal end of my digestive system. Lots of corals have one opening for both in and out functions.

OP
OP
E

ethnchrstnsn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update ;( the orange Yuma has passed away. I think he was battling brown jelly disease. This infected another discosoma presumably from contact but the large majority are still thriving. Thankfully it wasn’t worse.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back