Ricordia Yuma Spewing Guts!!!

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, brought two more Ricordia Yuma today and have found that one has started to spew white stuff out it’s mouth, I’ve seen my others for this on occasion but have also had a Ricordia do this when first introduced and die within days. Any help would be appreciated.

image.jpg

mikeymushrooms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your water parameters like? I know in my experience they do that if something is off or if some debris landed on them but it usually the guts go back in and they are fine

OP
OP
B

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your water parameters like? I know in my experience they do that if something is off or if some debris landed on them but it usually the guts go back in and they are fine
They aren’t great at the moment, having phosphate issues as my partner has been maintaining the tank while I’ve been working away from home, I’m getting .46 on the Hanna. Only other things are nitrates at undetectable (have been for a long time) and mag been a little low at 1300. Tank is 20gal cube btw

mikeymushrooms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren’t great at the moment, having phosphate issues as my partner has been maintaining the tank while I’ve been working away from home, I’m getting .46 on the Hanna. Only other things are nitrates at undetectable (have been for a long time) and mag been a little low at 1300. Tank is 20gal cube btw
Some nitrates is okay but phosphate you gotta lower, have you tried GFO or maybe a water change to help. Do you use RODI water to mix your salt or get ocean water? If you use tap that might be way your phosphates are high

OP
OP
B

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nitrates is okay but phosphate you gotta lower, have you tried GFO or maybe a water change to help. Do you use RODI water to mix your salt or get ocean water? If you use tap that might be way your phosphates are high
I use rodi and have just started using gfo again, I use to keep them around .1 and found that perfect but nitrates i definitely need up as you can see some of the livestock lacks deep colouration.

mikeymushrooms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use rodi and have just started using gfo again, I use to keep them around .1 and found that perfect but nitrates i definitely need up as you can see some of the livestock lacks deep colouration.
I would try that as a first, hope that helps, it might be possible that maybe some fish or invert had flung debris onto its mouth

OP
OP
B

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try that as a first, hope that helps, it might be possible that maybe some fish or invert had flung debris onto its mouth
Maybe. I know these Yuma can be so fiddly as they are prone to bacterial infections. I did all the usual checks before I took it hope it was fine In the shop. I’m just going to blame phosphates and hope the thing holds on until they drop a little.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back