Rimless Tank Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you hang things off of the back such as skimmers? I was told you could not because there is no rim and/or brace.
 
Can you hang things off of the back such as skimmers? I was told you could not because there is no rim and/or brace.
Personally wouldn't even waste money on a rimless tank to hang crap off the back....just my 2cent....kinda defeats the purpose
 
I'm following along because I have a rimless and never heard this before. I've got a 1500 gph Glass-Holes overflow "hanging" on the back glass with my return plumbing resting on the top edge of the 1/2 inch glass.




On top of the remaining glass edge is a high wood canopy with three 120W LED fixtures therein. Here's a shot of that with the front canopy door open.




That's a fair amount of weight, so I'm curious what others know, because I might have a problem.....although, with changes here and there, this tank has been going since 2008.
 
I would call or email the manufacture and ask them.
My buddy has a rimless 60g that he has a large heavy canopy sitting on it with no problems it's been running for 2+ years.
 
The biggest issue with hanging equipment off of a rimless tank. Is the the equipment is designed for a rimmed tank. There could be issues with how a skimmer say would lean due the a rimless not having that wide piece of plastic
 
Personally wouldn't even waste money on a rimless tank to hang crap off the back....just my 2cent....kinda defeats the purpose
I personally do not think it would be a waste or defeat the purpose. I just want to know if I can or not.
 
The biggest issue with hanging equipment off of a rimless tank. Is the the equipment is designed for a rimmed tank. There could be issues with how a skimmer say would lean due the a rimless not having that wide piece of plastic
Thats true but I think they typically have platforms that you use to level the skimmer in relation to the tank so I could work. But I'll call the maker and double check.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new