RIP - Yasha Goby

TechDiver

Algae Grower
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is safe to assume our Yasha has died. We haven't seen him for four days and he always comes out for feeding time every day. The Randall pistol is still in there working the sand all alone now. I forget how many years we have had the pair, but they have lived a long time. They were a great duo. The pair was a gift to Alex, my son. He gave the Yasha goby the name Michelangelo and the pistol's name is Ralphael. I may end up getting a replacement goby to keep him company.

Marcus

rfc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine. I have had it disappear for over a week or more, but it always turns up. Maybe it'll show up :)

OP
OP
T

TechDiver

Algae Grower
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked through my old messages and found that I received the Yasha Goby and Pistol from Dave in September of 2008, so I had the pair for over 5 years. I'm not sure how old they were when I got them.

OP
OP
T

TechDiver

Algae Grower
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the conversation from when I first got them:

alkamar wrote on 09/25/2008 09:03 PM:
Hey. I drip acclimated the Yasha/Pistol pair for about an hour and 20 minutes last night. Using half of a 2 litter bottle, I guided them to an area I'd like them to use. Doesn't mean they'll stay there. Haven't seen them since, but doesn't it take a bit for the shrimp to get the home ready and settle in? The porcelin has been filter feeding like crazy, so I put in some reef chili for him.

dzones said:
yeah once the shrimp makes a home the yasha will find him. i never saw them for about a week or two when i first put them in my tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back