RIP - Yasha Goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter TechDiver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TechDiver

Algae Grower
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2010
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Location
Jackson, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is safe to assume our Yasha has died. We haven't seen him for four days and he always comes out for feeding time every day. The Randall pistol is still in there working the sand all alone now. I forget how many years we have had the pair, but they have lived a long time. They were a great duo. The pair was a gift to Alex, my son. He gave the Yasha goby the name Michelangelo and the pistol's name is Ralphael. I may end up getting a replacement goby to keep him company.

Marcus
 
I love mine. I have had it disappear for over a week or more, but it always turns up. Maybe it'll show up :)
 
I just looked through my old messages and found that I received the Yasha Goby and Pistol from Dave in September of 2008, so I had the pair for over 5 years. I'm not sure how old they were when I got them.
 
Here is the conversation from when I first got them:








alkamar wrote on 09/25/2008 09:03 PM:
Hey. I drip acclimated the Yasha/Pistol pair for about an hour and 20 minutes last night. Using half of a 2 litter bottle, I guided them to an area I'd like them to use. Doesn't mean they'll stay there. Haven't seen them since, but doesn't it take a bit for the shrimp to get the home ready and settle in? The porcelin has been filter feeding like crazy, so I put in some reef chili for him.

dzones said:
yeah once the shrimp makes a home the yasha will find him. i never saw them for about a week or two when i first put them in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new