Rising PH

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening #reefsquad,

What would cause PH to slowly rise gradually? I've changed nothing in the system recently that I can think of. At what level of PH becomes concerning?

Screenshot_20210531-180643_APEX Fusion.jpg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things, when was the last time you calibrated your PH probe. What are you dosing for Alk and have you checked it manually? Also, how many seasons have you gone thru on this system. Have you seen a trend during the summer months when your HVAC comes on effecting the PH? Just trying to think of some reasons why it would rise. On my new tank upgrade I am getting PH levels above 8.4 with no issue. I believe you are good until to start to get above 8.5.

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things, when was the last time you calibrated your PH probe. What are you dosing for Alk and have you checked it manually? Also, how many seasons have you gone thru on this system. Have you seen a trend during the summer months when your HVAC comes on effecting the PH? Just trying to think of some reasons why it would rise. On my new tank upgrade I am getting PH levels above 8.4 with no issue. I believe you are good until to start to get above 8.5.
System has been up for 2 1/2 years. Havnt calibrated in awhile, so maybe do that. Dosing esv and I manually test everything once a week. Sometimes twice. Havnt really noticed any trends in the past though.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice my pH reading rises when I have not calibrated it for a while so I know calibrate it every 3 - 4 months and that keeps it in check.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back