Ritteri Anemone

nemlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to keep this anemone ive yet to do so in my lifetime, i have great experience from caring for sharks to some of the hardest corals what do i need to know or do to be ready for this anemone

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trying to be rude, but if I were you I would be much more worried about how you're going to keep that new Malu happy and worry later about an H. Mag.

The best advice I can give you otherwise though is to learn everything you can about the species you want to keep. For example, as was mentioned in your other thread, that Malu is a sand dwelling nem, but Malus prefer to wedge themselves between the rock and the sand. For H. Mags, they are the complete opposite, they prefer island type structures and you're looking at at least 40 gallons if not honestly probably closer to 75 without prior experience.

Learning the little nuances about a particular species before you buy it is going to lead to success, the best way to learn this IMO, is scour as many forums you can relating to the topic and find what works for people and what doesn't.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back