RKL float setup

rerr001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ ATO top off system on my tank with two floats. When water drops to a certain point, float activate pump to top off. As water level rises, second float turns pump off at a certain point. My question is... can the RKL be setup to do the same process with dual floats?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while I am not 100% certain on this, with the RKL one float is a primary and the other is a safety in case the primary gets stuck. you may want to check their forums for sure. you will need a system lab or at least two switch ports.

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rerr001
Yes u can set it up with RKL. I use port A to top off and port B for fail safe and i use a dual floats.

OP
OP
R

rerr001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I know the primary float will activate the pump at low level and will shut the pump down at a certain time limit. The second float will shut down the pump if the primary fails. So do I monitor the pump filling to determine how long to set the shut off time to set in the controller for the primary float?

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no time limits for a first float to turn off. It's basically turns off a device when water level raises to its preset level. to prevent it to over top off, then u use a second float to stop it...

sk8elenex92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine set up like this.. Two Float switches - Lower one is Switch A Higher one is Switch B

If water drops below Switch A turn on outlet 1 which is my ATO Pump. Once water reaches above Switch A ( OFF MODE ) turn off outlet 1.

Switch B is just a fail safe. If Switch B ever engages that means the sump has to much water. Stop dosing Kalk and turn off outlet 1 just in case its stuck and dumped all my ATO water in.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back