Ro/di di resin reset

Wyatt57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Aquaticlife 4 stage RO/DI filter. It is not permanent mounted and I just connect a hose and run it into a 32 gallon trash can when I need to filter water. Last time I used it the DI resin had change color about 1 to 2 inches. This time the color change is gone and it looks new. 55 gallon since July so I have made less than 400 gallon. What does this mean? At first I ran filter horizontal down but I saw somewhere that it should be vertical.
I plan to buy all new filter but that is not very many gallons out of DI resin.
I purchased a TDS meter but I need to buy Calibration fluid to get baseline for meter.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Aquaticlife 4 stage RO/DI filter. It is not permanent mounted and I just connect a hose and run it into a 32 gallon trash can when I need to filter water. Last time I used it the DI resin had change color about 1 to 2 inches. This time the color change is gone and it looks new. 55 gallon since July so I have made less than 400 gallon. What does this mean? At first I ran filter horizontal down but I saw somewhere that it should be vertical.
I plan to buy all new filter but that is not very many gallons out of DI resin.
I purchased a TDS meter but I need to buy Calibration fluid to get baseline for meter.
Distilled water is all you need to calibrate baseline.

Never saw what you describe but when color changing resin is not thoroughly wet, it can look spent.

PHXHobbies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Distilled is a good calibration baseline. Get yourself an inline TDS meter so you can register the water as it flows then get a COM-80 for a second reference which is handheld.

The only way you will know if the DI is good or not is by checking the TDS, or better yet the microsiemens of the water which can be translated to "resistivity" of the RO water. As the DI exhaust, it releases all that it holds in.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back