RO/DI float valve setup

DrewonVanIsle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a bunch of gear off of someone, and included in it is a bunch of ziplock bags of misc parts. There's an RO filter setup and I'm working my way through getting that installed on the sink in my laundry area. Hoping I've got the supply end figured out finally.

On the other end, where the water is going to come out, I'm more lost. There's a piece (pictured here) that looked to be a float of some kind so I did some searching and it looks like I've got all the pieces pictured here. The white block seems to be a solenoid but I'm not too familiar with what that does. I'm thinking the RO output line will run into it and then out of it? What are all these pieces for, I can't find a photo of it installed anywhere. I found a video of someone installing the float on a bucket so I might do that, but when I connected the line and did a quick test with the water running, lifting the float stopped the flow for a second but it seemed like the pressure just built up and it started leaking out. Is that what the solenoid is for?

I'm looking at basically copying this setup if I can get these 2 pieces at my local hardware store I think I can get this done - https://spec-tanks.com/project-evo-marine-part-3-rodi-setup-for-a-nano-aquarium/

There was a piece in the bag that screwed onto my faucet which I tried but it just leaks out a bunch.

And a bonus quiz for anyone familiar - what's this thing from Coralife device? The joys of used equipment...

20716_400wh.png 20230413_153035.jpg

OP
OP
DrewonVanIsle

DrewonVanIsle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this video

Which seems helpful. The (pre-installed) water lines are all setup differently on this unit I got so the colours are always off but I think I've sorted out which is which.

Does this bigger piece that says 'flow' on it seem to be a check valve? Here's a photo of the whole unit.

Also for those really familiar with these, does it look to you like the red line is the output, RO water?

20230415_083816.jpg 20230415_083837.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back