ro/di (DI bipass) for lowering TDS ??

reefmaster70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2025
Messages
998
Reaction score
473
Location
SW Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all,

so I am getting TDS "creep" from my Aquatic Life "smart buddy' ro/di booster after my RO tank is full. if I don't catch it and let it cycle on and off even with the float switch, it'll eat through 2 DI cannisters overnight. I want to put in a "valve" of some sort right after my membrane, so I can Bipass the DI cannisters, until I run it for a few minutes to waste, and the TDS comes down, and then be able to flip the valve back over to run into the DI cannisters. Hoping someone might have a DIY or fittings necessary to do such a thing. Thanks for any help.
 
If it just uses 1/4 tubing your can get quick connect fittings, tees and shutoff valves at hardware stores that are used for fridges and regular RO systems.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new