RO/DI questions

Doop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I’m looking to purchase a new system but I’m so unsure of what is needed. I’m looking at BRS and they have so many good ones to choose from. My big question is what stages would I want to purchase? 4,5,6,7? My current tank is 80 g. But upgrading eventually. I am on city water and was wondering if this would be a good choice? Thanks for any input you all may have! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
IMG_5386.JPG

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good choice but 75 gpd may be a bit slow filling up a tank of rodi water,
I have 100 gpd but in the real world, it takes about 8 hrs or more to make 16 gallons.
It all depends on your water pressure, they rate them at a pressure going into their units at like 100 psig or something ridiculous to get their sales pitch rating, no one has that kind of water pressure into their house.

Look for that when choosing one.
You could also get that one and put a booster pump from your water line into the rodinit so you can make their rated gpd.

Unskilled Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to purchase a ro/di system as well and was just trying to decide that exact thing. The BRS systems do seem to be a great value for the money but they have a lot of choices. I could use some help narrowing down what I would need for a 80 gallon.

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good choice but 75 gpd may be a bit slow filling up a tank of rodi water,
I have 100 gpd but in the real world, it takes about 8 hrs or more to make 16 gallons.
It all depends on your water pressure, they rate them at a pressure going into their units at like 100 psig or something ridiculous to get their sales pitch rating, no one has that kind of water pressure into their house.

Look for that when choosing one.
You could also get that one and put a booster pump from your water line into the rodinit so you can make their rated gpd.

My water pressure is 90psi according to my aquafx RODI pressure gauge. It's 100gpd raged. Didn't time it exactly but a 5 gallon bucket took like 45 minutes for me. Maybe it was a little less than 5 gallons but I seem to be pretty close to producing, if not more than, 100gpd.

OP
OP
D

Doop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to purchase a ro/di system as well and was just trying to decide that exact thing. The BRS systems do seem to be a great value for the money but they have a lot of choices. I could use some help narrowing down what I would need for a 80 gallon.

IMG_5387.JPG
IMG_5388.JPG

I’ve thought about going more gpd on the value system and adding in the tds meter. You could go with the 150 gpd with meter at 230.00 that’s whAt I’m thinking about doing.

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also not go any less than 100gpd. Even getting the stated production rate, I wish it was faster. Not a huge deal but you will be using a lot of water so the less time you have to be queuing up RODI water the better.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back