AquaMaxx RO/DI System help

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Aquamax Puratek RO/DI system on clearance when Marine Depot folded. I believe it’s discontinued now. I’m hoping someone else has this unit and can help me out.
Anyway, I just replaced the membrane using a Dow Filmtec 100 gpd I got off Amazon. The original was a 100 gpd also but I’m not sure what brand but it looked different than my new one.

I’ve been getting high TDS reading where with my old membrane it was 0 tds. I was replacing because it was a couple of years old and TDS was up to 3 with all new filters.

I’m thinking maybe I need a different flow restrictor? As you can see from the pic TDS is high out of the first DI filter. I am still getting 0 TDS out of the 2nd DI filter. Both DI filters are only a week old .

Is that the restrictor on top of the membrane housing in the pic? It say 400 on it…

Looking for some answers as to why I’m getting a high TDS with a new sediment, 2 carbon and 2 DI.

Here’s some pics:

IMG_3574.jpeg IMG_3575.jpeg IMG_3576.jpeg

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this at the same time, I have a new membrane I can look at the packaging later and lyk what it says if you want

OP
OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may have hooked something back up wrong… lmk if what you see looks right. Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back