AquaMaxx RO/DI System help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimbo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jimbo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
941
Reaction score
426
Location
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Aquamax Puratek RO/DI system on clearance when Marine Depot folded. I believe it’s discontinued now. I’m hoping someone else has this unit and can help me out.
Anyway, I just replaced the membrane using a Dow Filmtec 100 gpd I got off Amazon. The original was a 100 gpd also but I’m not sure what brand but it looked different than my new one.

I’ve been getting high TDS reading where with my old membrane it was 0 tds. I was replacing because it was a couple of years old and TDS was up to 3 with all new filters.

I’m thinking maybe I need a different flow restrictor? As you can see from the pic TDS is high out of the first DI filter. I am still getting 0 TDS out of the 2nd DI filter. Both DI filters are only a week old .

Is that the restrictor on top of the membrane housing in the pic? It say 400 on it…

Looking for some answers as to why I’m getting a high TDS with a new sediment, 2 carbon and 2 DI.

Here’s some pics:

IMG_3574.jpeg IMG_3575.jpeg IMG_3576.jpeg
 
I bought this at the same time, I have a new membrane I can look at the packaging later and lyk what it says if you want
 
I think I may have hooked something back up wrong… lmk if what you see looks right. Thanks
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new