RO/DI system

tbouts603

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the hobbie of saltwater. Looking to get the best bang for my buck on a RO/DI system.
I’m on a well, and own a 55 gallon aquarium.
I do plan on getting a 90, or 110 next year.
I plan on installing this in my basement below my aquarium, and plumbing it in after the well water goes through the arsenic filtration system.
I have a full water report from this summer if this helps anyone who knows what to look for help me make the best decision.
Please and thank you

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd start out with an ro buddie with a di canister..

Some of the bundles from brs are plug and play however. Depends what your budget is

OP
OP
tbouts603

tbouts603

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have this one ?
Seems to be a good price and great reviews.

4D28B27A-1D3E-424C-A1E2-49C4B35F09B4.png

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the two things in an RO/DI system that break down are the filters themselves, and any pumps.

So basically you can buy a used one, swap the filters, and it's good as new.

Better investment than new.

RO-buddie is a waste of money as well. Just buy a regular booster pump if you need it.

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the two things in an RO/DI system that break down are the filters themselves, and any pumps.

So basically you can buy a used one, swap the filters, and it's good as new.

Better investment than new.

RO-buddie is a waste of money as well. Just buy a regular booster pump if you need it.

RO Buddy is a filter setup. What's a booster pump have to do with it?

$60 and you have a plug and play functional RO/DI unit. Well worth it if that's your budget.

Perhaps I'm missing something here.

KeystoneMalone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have this one ?
Seems to be a good price and great reviews.

4D28B27A-1D3E-424C-A1E2-49C4B35F09B4.png
I have this unit and have zero complaints about it so far.

Ive gotten 7 months of use (making appx 3-5 gallons per week of RODI) out of the filter cartridges (with exception of the RO cart, going on about a year on that one). Its easy enough to find replacement cartridges and they do go on sale from time to time. Plus, space is at a bit of a premium for me, and it is compact, which is nice. Once I own my own place and have a dedicated space to put a 5 stage or something like that somewhere permanently, ill probably go that route, but for now I like the AquaticLife unit alot.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd look at one of the BRS models like the 150dal/day esp if u plan to upgrade. I had the RO Buddie and it went through DI resin like there was no tomorrow, got tired of spending $ & time every few months. One of the best purchases I ever made was 150gal/day BRS RODI unit. And highly recommend a booster pump to make RODI more efficient esp if u have well water. Optimal PSI for RODI is 90-95 or else it wont produce water faster/efficiently.

Back