RO/DI - TDS issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter popalud
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
What a joke! Here's what I found about the membrane on the aquatic life website. The specifications section is blank. Nada. So who knows what you're getting!
1778925364195.png

I assume that is how their carbon is rated also.

In my opinion two 100 gpd is too much flow demands on a 10" carbon block. With your hard water you should run closer to 4:1 ratio so at 100 gpd you are using 1000 gpd combined or about 0.7 gpm that is pushing the limit of good 10" x 2.5" carbon filters and the 1/4" tubing. If your water supply has chlormines that past the limit. Contact time is your friend with carbon and DI resin.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new