Ro membrane

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a snew rodi. I was told it was a 75gpd unit by the lfs. I took it apart and it turns out it's a 100gpd unit. Bonus!!!

Right now it has an aquafx 100gpd TFC membrane. Suggestions on a new membrane. I was looking at Amazon and they have some inexpensive membranes are these any good.

Zohar78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as sister said, it is the backbone and work horse of the system. a cheap one or inefficient one could cost you more in di material or let the wrong stuff past. ive learned while i love amazon for the cheap deals you can find, sometimes its better to go ahead and spend the buck or two to save peace of mind. in this case, i would either go ahead with spectra pure, brs, or buckeye hydro. it may be wise to check the major aquarium sites, like aquarium specialty, bulk reef supply, marine land, premium aquatics, etc and see if they have any deals there.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a spectrapure maxcap system. That uses 2 9ogpd ro filters. Dont skimp buy the good quality ones. They're only a few dollars more. I was able to put the 100gpd replacements for like 5$ more with the same quality and rejection rates

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dow Filmtec 99+% rejection membranes are available up to 75 gpd. If you want higher, then rejection rate drops to 98%. You can get these from many vendors, including Amazon.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it from a LFS who sold them to me as overpriced Kenya trees. I knew looking at them they weren't Kenya and when I said something the guy laughed at me and rolled his eyes. I'm like, okay, whatever, so I bought the three that came in. I had every intentions of going back and trying to get more if they came in but he didn't get a shipment in this last week so I didn't go. I want to try and stay on top of his delivery though to see if I get lucky again.
Membranes aren't too expensive, and with that said, I wouldn't skimp on them. I personally like spectrapure and use them. Another option is getting the ones from BRS.
as sister said, it is the backbone and work horse of the system. a cheap one or inefficient one could cost you more in di material or let the wrong stuff past. ive learned while i love amazon for the cheap deals you can find, sometimes its better to go ahead and spend the buck or two to save peace of mind. in this case, i would either go ahead with spectra pure, brs, or buckeye hydro. it may be wise to check the major aquarium sites, like aquarium specialty, bulk reef supply, marine land, premium aquatics, etc and see if they have any deals there.
I have a spectrapure maxcap system. That uses 2 9ogpd ro filters. Dont skimp buy the good quality ones. They're only a few dollars more. I was able to put the 100gpd replacements for like 5$ more with the same quality and rejection rates
Dow Filmtec 99+% rejection membranes are available up to 75 gpd. If you want higher, then rejection rate drops to 98%. You can get these from many vendors, including Amazon.
Thank you. Cheap Amazon is no go.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 100 GPD membrane as said above, you will want to stick with a Dow Filmtec membrane. You will want to stick with a 100 GPD membrane to match the flow restrictor on the unit.

Does your new RODI unit come with TDS meters? If not, I would think that that would be the most important upgrade for you. That will tell you the efficiency of your membrane and DI resin life. You’d want a sensor locatEd after the last carbon block, right before your membrane, another sensor right after the RO membrane, then the other after the DI canister(s). Using these readings, you would be able to determine the efficiency of your RO membrane, which should be at 98% for a 100 GPD membrane.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back