RO system startup controller/delay timer

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I start my RO/DI system, I drain the RO water off before the DI resin until the TDS has dropped, typically 5-10 minutes or so, then I switch it over to run through the resin. Currently I do this by hand but it would be really convenient to have timer and some solenoid valves do it automatically. I know I could do it with an Apex, but that's overkill for this application. Does anyone know of a ready-built setup to do this?

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know of any commercial product that does this. However, it seems like you could build one with a digital timer something like this:
71FWO8E7N2L._SL1500_.jpg

And a couple of 12V solenoid valves similar to this:
51vPBF9Lp%2BL._SL1000_.jpg

I tried to find a three-way valve that would work, but I have yet to find one made of plastic. I believe you make this work for under $30 once you throw in a power supply.

OP
OP
Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'd thought about making my own, possibly just with a 555 timer chip but I'd prefer to have one ready-made. Odd that there isn't anything out there like this

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back