RO Membrane life

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnd651
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnd651

Getting back in after 14+ years
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
5,015
Reaction score
7,338
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I know they say 3-5 years on a membrane, and I am coming up on the 5 year mark, but it's still producing at 2-3 ppm pre-DI resin. Thoughts?

I added a pic of the whole setup since we are on a well with high iron-bac and manganese. So we have 2 spin downs, followed by a 50 micron pleated, then green sand, salt softener before hitting any other plumbing to protect the house plumbing. The RO/DI has 25 micron, 5 micron, 1 micron, carbon block prior to the membrane. (No DI resin in at the time of the pic.)

No chlorine, etc to worry about.

20240411_101421.jpg
 
Thoughts are change the membrane no harm in it, better safe then sorry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new