RO Water Smell

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
I have a five stage RO system, and I run two BSR 1 micron carbon blocks, color changing DI resin, with a Dow membrane and a sediment filter. My RO water reads 0 at the TDS meter, the water has a strong odor like sulfur. any ideas of how I can correct this odor, and is it affecting the quality of the water?
Thanks for your help

OP
OP
dvybiral

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi marvelousone, thanks for your reply, so you changed membrane and that fixed the smell? Do you think that the smell changed the water quality?

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi marvelousone, thanks for your reply, so you changed membrane and that fixed the smell? Do you think that the smell changed the water quality?
The water coming out was testing 1 on the inline tester that came with the unit. I changed the filters carbon, sediments and the di resin. the smell was still there. After about two weeks I decide to change the membrane. I told myself it was not it because the water tested ok. After changing it the smell went away. Let me tell you the smell was strong. I keep two 55 gal cans full.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water coming out was testing 1 on the inline tester that came with the unit. I changed the filters carbon, sediments and the di resin. the smell was still there. After about two weeks I decide to change the membrane. I told myself it was not it because the water tested ok. After changing it the smell went away. Let me tell you the smell was strong. I keep two 55 gal cans full.
Ewwww lol

OP
OP
dvybiral

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks I just replaced the membrane two weeks ago along with two carbon and DI resin. what brand of membrane do you use?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back