road to recovery...

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some of you may know, but I experienced a complete tank crash due to salifert flatworm exit a few months back...
And it was absolutely devastating!
I literally was ready to throw in the towel but luckily some (big emphasis on some because I lost some gems you guys don't want me to list, lol) zoas looked like they might pull through and so I trudged along relentlessly....
And kept reading and hearing about other reefer's disasters with fwe.
Lesson learned, no more poisons in the tank!

Anyway, around a month ago the survivors started opening up, albeit with barely any color...
Slowly though they have begun coloring up and growing again.
These 3 are an example and I will add more as time progresses.

Thanks for looking and helping make r2r an awesome place for reefing information.
During the down months in the aftermath of the crash I was pretty depressed about what had transpired and the sheer amount of loss, but reading through others' pain and suffering and seeing how they rebounded only committed me to be more dedicated to this hobby!

reef on

IMG_5740.JPG

Deniss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your zoa's already looking sick mate! I can't believe these are on recovery ;Drool;)

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not easy going through a crash. It's one of those things we all go through at some point or another. I've had a big crash st the end of last year, and was really close to throwing in the towel for a bit.
Glad you stuck to it. Just take your time on refilling. GL

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first saw those zoas was rushing to dose some FWE hoping mine would look that nice :)
Crashes are the worst but still part of this hobby that we have to go through. Great to see u back and looking forward to seeing ur tank filling back up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back