CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. I miss my yellow midas blenny (turned blue/purple because he was apparently bored). As for the Yellow Devil damsel, I want to make sure I'm not confusing it with the Azure damsel.

I had a Yellow Belly damsel that was a complete ***hole, so it sounds it sounds like we might be talking about the same fish here. Mine dug up the sand bed every chance he got, and would even swim over and dig it up again right after I filled any holes.
Yeah, what's up with that? My midas got darker too. Only his tail is yellow.

I had a yellowtail damsel that used to nip corals. I finally got him with a blast of air from my pellet rifle. :grinning-squinting-face:

OP
OP
Roatan Reef

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 2nd Midas. Dash was the 1st...lived for about 8 months...he was really shy though, had a spot in the rocks he hid in, would not even eat food if you were looking at the tank. He was a good fish though.

Flash is Midas #2...and he is a straight clown show...not shy at all, and he even makes me mad sometimes, because he has dug a tunnel/hiding spot underneath a piece of my TBS live rock, and he spits the sand he removes right on top of one of my Zoas, he has also burrowed a hole in a big rock full of Captain Jerk (which I don't mind) He's not camera shy, or a picky eater either...he's always doing something and is highly entertaining to watch.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 2nd Midas. Dash was the 1st...lived for about 8 months...he was really shy though, had a spot in the rocks he hid in, would not even eat food if you were looking at the tank. He was a good fish though.

Flash is Midas #2...and he is a straight clown show...not shy at all, and he even makes me mad sometimes, because he has dug a tunnel/hiding spot underneath a piece of my TBS live rock, and he spits the sand he removes right on top of one of my Zoas, he has also burrowed a hole in a big rock full of Captain Jerk (which I don't mind) He's not camera shy, or a picky eater either...he's always doing something and is highly entertaining to watch.

Mine arrived in pretty cold water because Fedex delayed my shipment. I was mad man...but all the fish lived. They all looked pretty bad when they got here. My midas blenny lost most of his yellow once he dug a burrow under the rocks and started hiding in there and dumping sand all over everything. Sometimes he's pretty annoying, but he's part of the tank now.

The one I had trouble with was when I added my diamond goby. The first one went floor surfing...the one I have now is doing great. He's already been through the entire tank and the sand looks awesome.

OP
OP
Roatan Reef

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine arrived in pretty cold water because Fedex delayed my shipment. I was mad man...but all the fish lived. They all looked pretty bad when they got here. My midas blenny lost most of his yellow once he dug a burrow under the rocks and started hiding in there and dumping sand all over everything. Sometimes he's pretty annoying, but he's part of the tank now.

The one I had trouble with was when I added my diamond goby. The first one went floor surfing...the one I have now is doing great. He's already been through the entire tank and the sand looks awesome.
Do you have a Midas and a diamond together???

OP
OP
Roatan Reef

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! and they do just fine. They're both about the same size and they keep out of each others hair. I'm sure eventually no one will care.
Interested, because I want to do the same, but have heard you can't have a Blenny and a Goby...or they will fight.

But I've always thought, even though the midas has spot below the rock or in the rock, hes mostly a top to middle swimmer, and the goby is a sand dweller, there shouldn't be any issues.

I might snag one this weekend. Thx.

I just added 1 bangai cardinal to see if he would be OK, and he's doing great, but he needs his buddies, so will probably add 2 more then 1 Diamond...and be done with fish for a long time.

OP
OP
Roatan Reef

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new Signage...

1000005342.jpg
1000005341.jpg
1000005338.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back