Rob’s 30g Tonga Shroom Garden

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BSA Jawbreaker Acan, had my eye on this one for awhile, really glad I decided to pick it up, probably in my top three favorites acans I own.
P3043624.JPG

[/QUOTE] your really going to like that acan the longer I have had mine the better it gets.
6F2259A0-7847-4548-A448-548A89D55ECD.jpeg

OP
OP
intricate_reefer

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BSA Jawbreaker Acan, had my eye on this one for awhile, really glad I decided to pick it up, probably in my top three favorites acans I own.
P3043624.JPG
your really going to like that acan the longer I have had mine the better it gets.

[/QUOTE]

Wow! Look at that chunk. Man that is nice. How is your growth? I have pretty much had zero on my 1 head, not sure why.

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE]

Wow! Look at that chunk. Man that is nice. How is your growth? I have pretty much had zero on my 1 head, not sure why.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve had 5 new heads grow on it so far there still babies but They’re growing every day. And I noticed your missing a mushroom from your collection you don’t have one of these yet.
821A4A90-57DE-40DA-8D44-2908DFF4EC48.jpeg

OP
OP
intricate_reefer

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[/QUOTE]

I’ve had 5 new heads grow on it so far there still babies but They’re growing every day. And I noticed your missing a mushroom from your collection you don’t have one of these yet.

[/QUOTE]
Killer, that’s a really nice one. Did you get that from Ben?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
your really going to like that acan the longer I have had mine the better it gets.

[/QUOTE]

Amazing colors!

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
He needs one my famous Mythical corals Bounce Electus, one of the nicest mothers in the country and the exact one Featured at Rap Cali 2019 and TGC offered Mythical $500 less then his asking price and was declined.
00797FE1-0963-45EC-80E9-ED4117A0BCBE.jpeg

OP
OP
intricate_reefer

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[/QUOTE]
He needs one my famous Mythical corals Bounce Electus, one of the nicest mothers in the country and the exact one Featured at Rap Cali 2019 and TGC offered Mythical $500 less then his asking price and was declined.
00797FE1-0963-45EC-80E9-ED4117A0BCBE.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is incredible! You are right, I do need one of these.

OP
OP
intricate_reefer

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am starting to have some recovery on a few of my chalices. I think it’s from doing an amino acid dip. I used this stuff from quantum called bio enhance. It’s like a 6-1 type amino additive. I used 1ml per cup of tank water. The guy that was looking after my chalices wasn’t getting much improvement at all and they were continuing to waste away. Not sure if they would have been better off here but it is what it is. A bunch completely died but I got the rest back the other day. I ended up doing the amino dip on them as well and we will see if I can get them to recover.

Most of the ones I’m having issues with in the dip. Some were all ready here but a lot was the ones my buddy was looking after. A few I don’t have very much hope for but a lot of them I’m optimistic about.
58259952-B465-4693-9BAA-E4579B876762.jpeg

This is why I have some hope. I had this one here and did the dip about a week or so ago. Before the white spots were pretty much the Skelton and had sharp edges. Now you can see it has like clear tissue starting to grow back over the bad spots.
2C447A14-37D1-4683-BF25-488C362F1508.jpeg

I wanted to get a wrasse for the frag tank so I picked up a melanurus wrasse. I hear they are really good with pests but they need a sand bed. I put Tupperware container in there with sand and he has been sleeping in it, so that’s a win. He is also doing really well and eats like a pig from day one. I see him searching over the tank all day and picking at stuff.
DCF37CB1-1BEE-4729-BDBE-4E9C7A2D38A1.jpeg

Not much else new except I had some issues with some of my new zoas. I got about 20 from one guy and 20 from another. From one person they were all good and have been happy, other then a little algae. The ones from the other, I have had issues with. One came in looking really bad and bubbley. I think it had some kind of bacterial infection. Then a little later others from that guy stopped opening. He told me he likes to do furan 2 dip with iodine. I told him I never had luck with furan but tried it anyway. No improvement and a few wasted away. Ended up just chucking them because I didn’t want it to spread. That was like 7 frags, now I’m having some more starting to not open, all from that one guy, I also found some hydroids on one, threw it away right away. Mind you all of my others zoas are as happy as a pig in crap. I have them separated, far away right now and am going to try a series of peroxide dips. That’s what I have had the most luck with. It just sucks when you have issues. They werent super expensive and he said he would take care of me if I order more but I’m just worried about getting sick zoas. Might just suck it up and count it as a loss instead of getting replacements.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am starting to have some recovery on a few of my chalices. I think it’s from doing an amino acid dip. I used this stuff from quantum called bio enhance. It’s like a 6-1 type amino additive. I used 1ml per cup of tank water. The guy that was looking after my chalices wasn’t getting much improvement at all and they were continuing to waste away. Not sure if they would have been better off here but it is what it is. A bunch completely died but I got the rest back the other day. I ended up doing the amino dip on them as well and we will see if I can get them to recover.

Most of the ones I’m having issues with in the dip. Some were all ready here but a lot was the ones my buddy was looking after. A few I don’t have very much hope for but a lot of them I’m optimistic about.

This is why I have some hope. I had this one here and did the dip about a week or so ago. Before the white spots were pretty much the Skelton and had sharp edges. Now you can see it has like clear tissue starting to grow back over the bad spots.

I wanted to get a wrasse for the frag tank so I picked up a melanurus wrasse. I hear they are really good with pests but they need a sand bed. I put Tupperware container in there with sand and he has been sleeping in it, so that’s a win. He is also doing really well and eats like a pig from day one. I see him searching over the tank all day and picking at stuff.

Not much else new except I had some issues with some of my new zoas. I got about 20 from one guy and 20 from another. From one person they were all good and have been happy, other then a little algae. The ones from the other, I have had issues with. One came in looking really bad and bubbley. I think it had some kind of bacterial infection. Then a little later others from that guy stopped opening. He told me he likes to do furan 2 dip with iodine. I told him I never had luck with furan but tried it anyway. No improvement and a few wasted away. Ended up just chucking them because I didn’t want it to spread. That was like 7 frags, now I’m having some more starting to not open, all from that one guy, I also found some hydroids on one, threw it away right away. Mind you all of my others zoas are as happy as a pig in ****. I have them separated, far away right now and am going to try a series of peroxide dips. That’s what I have had the most luck with. It just sucks when you have issues. They werent super expensive and he said he would take care of me if I order more but I’m just worried about getting sick zoas. Might just suck it up and count it as a loss instead of getting replacements.
I hope the chalices continues to recover. I’d hate to see that great collection dwindle. That’s a bummer about the Zoas though, good luck with the peroxide dips. What ratio do you use, I’ve got a couple that need to be dipped.

OP
OP
intricate_reefer

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the chalices continues to recover. I’d hate to see that great collection dwindle. That’s a bummer about the Zoas though, good luck with the peroxide dips. What ratio do you use, I’ve got a couple that need to be dipped.

Thanks! 1 part 3% peroxide to 5 parts tank water for 3 minutes. May take multiple dips. I like to spread them 3-4 days apart.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! 1 part 3% peroxide to 5 parts tank water for 3 minutes. May take multiple dips. I like to spread them 3-4 days apart.
Thanks Rob, I’ll give that a try. I wish I could get the Zoas that the clowns live in out of the tank to dip But the rock is too big. They have quite a bit of algae growing under the polyps. Most of the time you can’t see it but it’s a lot. The stems of the Zoas are about an inch long now so there’s lots of room under there.

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not much else new except I had some issues with some of my new zoas. I got about 20 from one guy and 20 from another. From one person they were all good and have been happy, other then a little algae. The ones from the other, I have had issues with. One came in looking really bad and bubbley. I think it had some kind of bacterial infection. Then a little later others from that guy stopped opening. He told me he likes to do furan 2 dip with iodine. I told him I never had luck with furan but tried it anyway. No improvement and a few wasted away. Ended up just chucking them because I didn’t want it to spread. That was like 7 frags, now I’m having some more starting to not open, all from that one guy, I also found some hydroids on one, threw it away right away. Mind you all of my others zoas are as happy as a pig in ****. I have them separated, far away right now and am going to try a series of peroxide dips. That’s what I have had the most luck with. It just sucks when you have issues. They werent super expensive and he said he would take care of me if I order more but I’m just worried about getting sick zoas. Might just suck it up and count it as a loss instead of getting replacements.
u should hit them up with a qtip after you peroxide

looking good on that chalice now feed it xD u eva take qtips to ur zoa's after the dip's you should wipe away the tops so they can open when they bt infections the top gen has crap all over it

OP
OP
intricate_reefer

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u should hit them up with a qtip after you peroxide

looking good on that chalice now feed it xD u eva take qtips to ur zoa's after the dip's you should wipe away the tops so they can open when they bt infections the top gen has crap all over it
Never heard of doing that, thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely give that a try next time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back