• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Rob&Gab.....refused sale after payment. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

thesaltysnailer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had recently purchased the "candyland acro" from Rob dealing through facbook. After paying I had contacted rob asking if a specific day would work for him to ship the frag. A few days after the requested ship date I received a response stating that he had refunded my money and wasn't going to be shipping it anymore. The reason he gave was the first piece he shipped to another reefer was doa. And his girlfriend was mad because he shipped it in bad weather and she didn't want to risk losing anymore of her coral. He said the remaining frags were going to be sold locally so he didn't have to ship. I was very upset because I wasn't in a rush to receive this and would have waited for good weather to ship. It would have been nice to have the option to do so or at least possibly purchase other corals from him before he refunded my money. I felt good doing business with Rob and gab based on their great reviews on R2R. Unfortunately they didn't live up to it this time. I won't be doing business with them again.

OP
OP
thesaltysnailer

thesaltysnailer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read he refunded my money without even talking to me. He could have kept the money and shipped it 2 months from now for all I care until the weather was good. I understand weather and how it affects shipping. Obviously I didn't want it doa. I was never given the option to have it shipped when the weather was better. There was no communication before refund. And after he refunded. He didn't say he would give me another opportunity to purchase the piece when the weather was better. He said he's not shipping it period. There was no reason to refund me. All he had to say is that he would like to wait for better weather. Instead he told me he's selling it to local reefers. Basically just took the piece back.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several posts have been removed from this thread. The feedback forum is for the two parties involved. If you were not involved in the transaction, please refrain from posting. Thank you!

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow im just reading this now... :/ i need to look on here more often.

anyways, To the point. Yes i refunded you your money, It is my choice to either Keep or sell it for your own good as well as the Corals safety. I love every single Coral i own as well as Gab, i take this hobby into a whole different level if i were to send people Corals and it DOA i either Refund or Try one more time. In this case. This is a Coral that no one has ever seen (ACRO) But i did refund your money without any notice. The reason is cause 2 DOA happened, i told you your more then welcome to Pick anything else out that i Stated to you that i had avaiable at that time. I told you in the Future it might happen. But you decided to Curse at me and be very rude. I am a really nice guy but when you talk to me that way i will stop responding to you.

i do have all your facebook messages and i was very nice about it. i Refunded a few people back there money not just yours. But Hope you have a nice one, Happy Reefing! .

At least it was only This. Sorry i took so long to Reply.!

Whom ever reads this Knows i am a good seller as well as a respectful hobbyist. I hate when things die, as well if i no its not gonna be Good i wont do it and refund your money or wait. ive had some people wait 2+Months for there coral cause i didnt want to ship cause of the weather.

with you it was a different story, cause it was just a acro. a very special one at that.

-Rob.

OP
OP
thesaltysnailer

thesaltysnailer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"It is my choice to either Keep or sell it." You are correct but once you are paid for the item you are obligated to sell me the coral. You can't be an Indian giver and decide you don't want to sell it anymore after you have been paid. Well I guess you can because there is no regulation of sales but what does that say about you?

"as well as the Corals safety. I love every single Coral i own"
If you were as concerned as you claim to be about the corals you wouldn't have shipped twice in bad weather like you stated above. The 2 doa are your fault as seller. In this case you shipped twice in bad weather. And than you try and blame the doa on the buyer!?! "A guy made me ship out a frag when i didn't want to." You made the the final decision my friend.

"i told you your more then welcome to Pick anything else out."
NO YOU DIDNT. After you refunded me I said "You refunded my money without even talking to me. It would have been nice to have the option to have it shipped when the weather was good as I'm in no rush. Or give me the opportunity to purchase some of your other corals." No where in your message about refunding my money did you ever give me the option to pick from your other corals instead of a refund.

"I told you in the Future it might happen." WRONG AGAIN. In our messages that you posted below your clearly state "just going to give the left frags to close friends, she doesn't wanna risk losing anymore of this beautiful colony." That doesn't sound like I'll have another opportunity to buy it.

You also forgot to post our previous messages when we discussed weather and doa's and you swore you didn't ship unless weather was perfect on both ends. Obviously that was a lie. I can post the messages if anyone cares to see.

"some people wait 2+Months for there coral cause i didnt want to ship cause of the weather.

with you it was a different story, cause it was just a acro. a very special one at that." I wish I was one of those people who had the opportunity to wait your messages clearly show you never gave me the chance. You could have contacted me and asked what I wanted to do since the weather was bad before refunding:

-Keep money wait to ship
-Maybe pick out some Lps or softies that aren't so sensitive to weather
-refund

I would have told you that you can keep the money and I would be happy to wait because yes its a special acro and very expensive one too. I can't go buy it from someone else. And for those reasons I would have waited. It wouldn't be there first time I have waited for corals to ship due to weather.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i do under stand that i refunded your money. But i did clearly state after i refunded you your money due to a few people paying me in paypal i needed to get my bank situated. People have waited a few months for me to ship to them with no problem, mainly it was cause of me and bad Timing either with family or issues of my own.

There is no such thing as being a Indian giver........... This is not the 3rd grade anymore.... If i decided that i did not want to ship it cause its not a good Shipper, then that is my choice. There are scammers out tehre that would have just kept your money without any word being said. none the less you need to learn to Read. after Stated that i refunded your money,

says it right here in bold letters for you. (this is from Facebook message.)

i only refuned peoples money back cause i needed to no what and who purchased the candy land. your more then welcome to Purchase other corals from me. i just needed to clear things up with paypal and my girlfriend to no how much money to X-Few to our bank account.

you need to learn to read and not rage about me refunding your money. Maybe in afew months i might have a frag up for sale. But as of right now the candyland is at home nice and cosy in the tank Eating up a ATI 8Bulb fixture enjoying its 8hours of Lighting a day.

so please dont be childish and try to say im wrong for what i did, Yes i didnt give you the chance to say anything before i refunded you your money. But after i refunded you and everyones money i told each and everyone you are more then welcome to purchase anything else from me just not the candyland at this time and moment...

just Read your messages carefully, then come back here and tell me that i did not state that you can purchase some other things just not teh candyland.

anyways, Hope all is well with you bud.

happy reefing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back