Rob&Gab SPS collection

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Ive been bitten By the SPS bug. Now i dont think im gonna be stopping anytime soon. I will always be a ZOA FREAK but SPS is crazy too.! Can not wait till i dip My feet into this new water im steping into, Its gonna be a fun crazy ride. So here is some of the collection so far i have to snap some more photos. MORE TO COME!

PW Fuzzy Green mili
DSC07013edited.jpg

Strawberry shortcake (cant capture the Green!)
DSC07006edited.jpg

DSC07076edited.jpg

Red Planet (Encrusting!)
DSC07018edited.jpg

Pink Lemonade (Has Some coloring up to do) Bright pink tips tho!

Attachments

• DSC07083edited.jpg
    DSC07083edited.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,600
Last edited:

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice start to your collection I think in going to start a thread with my coral collection...where would that go members tanks?

guppy breeder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently caught the sps bug too been getting $50 no names from an lfs
Tho he has some nice named frags for 50 too

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
our pink lemonade and Pink and bluetip table acro we are hanging with some fishing line from the centerbrace. So it can just focus on growing and not encrusting. First time doing this and i dont no anyone that has done this besides a Fish store 70miles from me Petswear house witch is where i got the Idea from, His name is Kevin. He told me they Grow them like this in the Wild. So i thought i would try it at home :) so i found some fishing line and made it happen. If it works well i might make a over hang just for this. I think it would look dope as heck anyways.

Thanks for all the kind words. i have some more and have gone threw a ton of SPS i will take some DEAD FILES photos so yea. Ill be sure to keep you posted on things! and more photos.!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe the coral Frag.
2011-03-03173437.jpg

Joe the coral (colony, needs some coloring up right now it fell behind the rocks for 2 days i didnt know! :()
DSC06708.jpg

Green stylo
DSC06288.jpg

Birds nest.
DSC06005edited.jpg

K_red_raider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man if you keep the same type of SPS that you do zoas I cant wait to see this tank

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank's brotha, THere is gonna be allot more pick up's for SPS now that im really into them.! :) cant wait to find some MORE GEMS :)!

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the stylo and pocci. I just saw a display where someone had put 5 or 6 of these on an island. It was pretty cool, lot of colors and for lack of a better word, a lot of interesting texture since these all have different types of branch formation and lots of long polyp extension. These coral don't get a lot of attention but they are all really pretty. You have made some great choices already. I very much like your move into sps

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the stylo and pocci. I just saw a display where someone had put 5 or 6 of these on an island. It was pretty cool, lot of colors and for lack of a better word, a lot of interesting texture since these all have different types of branch formation and lots of long polyp extension. These coral don't get a lot of attention but they are all really pretty. You have made some great choices already. I very much like your move into sps

Thanks so much man, I remember when i didnt even like to think about SPS only ZOa's all day :p Now its like SPS is kicking my butt ans i like it. My girlfriend has been into SPS and hammers/torches/Goni/anemones.

Its gonna be a fun ride and somthing new most of these we have had for about close to 6months and its now a new place for me so im gonna try to get the best of the best and if not the best of what we like. Hope you all enjoy our journey.!

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHHH mannnn i cant wait to post some new photossssssss and updates of what ive picked up :) im sooo happy and excited to post them. :D im sure there so pretttyy. :D

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics. If i had it to do over i would have gone with sps myself. As you are doing i am adding sps frags myself. Since i upgraded to leds they are doing very good.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
our pink lemonade and Pink and bluetip table acro we are hanging with some fishing line from the centerbrace. So it can just focus on growing and not encrusting. First time doing this and i dont no anyone that has done this besides a Fish store 70miles from me Petswear house witch is where i got the Idea from, His name is Kevin. He told me they Grow them like this in the Wild. So i thought i would try it at home :) so i found some fishing line and made it happen. If it works well i might make a over hang just for this. I think it would look dope as heck anyways.

Thanks for all the kind words. i have some more and have gone threw a ton of SPS i will take some DEAD FILES photos so yea. Ill be sure to keep you posted on things! and more photos.!

I remember a handful of coral farmers were doing the string thing about 8-10 years ago to get more value out of tank space. It never seemed to really catch on. I thought it was neat how the corals would grow up the string so to speak.

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember a handful of coral farmers were doing the string thing about 8-10 years ago to get more value out of tank space. It never seemed to really catch on. I thought it was neat how the corals would grow up the string so to speak.

It puts more focus into growing then having to encrust. its pretty sool i cant wait too see the outcome with the piece i have it on with the string.

RKLion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job so far keep on trucking....lol being an SPS guy I was recently bit with the high end Z and P bug

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back