Okay here is some real updates. Finally recovered from vacation and spent most of the weekend working on the tank. The main plumbing is done and test filled with no leaks. Yeah!!!
The lines are really basic: one main drain for full siphons with a gate Valve. The rest three are emergency drains. The sump is a simple 125G with three sections. All drains are 1.25”. The water comes down into the center section which is going to be the refugium, then split to left and right. I plan to have the skimmer on the left and put the pump for UV and chiller on the right. Then water goes back to the display tank through check valves and flow meters. I use a Waveline 12000 and a VarioS 6 for returns because I have two of each. This way when I service the pumps I can just swap them out and put the back up in.
For this weekend I spent most of my time on installing the lights and wave makers. Never thought getting lights in place would tak a whole day...
So here it is: eight Radion G4 Pro’s on the mounting 90” mounting bar. I read reviews saying the bar would bend down in the center if put on only two arms on each end. So I built my own mounting arms and anchored them on the studs in the dry wall. This way there will be no bend or bouncing. All wires go down into the stand plugged into a kill a watt for wattage monitoring and surge protection. The room has a max of 15 AMP of electricity capacity so I want to be cautious about how much power I am drawing.
Here is what the tank looks now. Still waiting for RODI to fill the tank. I made about 200 gallons in two days. The water is pretty cloudy because of the sand. Once the water clears I will reveal the rock work and some details about the tank.