Robo Tank 0-10v PWM-Analog Converter Question

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I soldered up my concept and tried it out and it works perfectly.

I have one light running an analog Nicrew 150

And another running a PWM Kessil H80

No flicker at all on the Analog Nicrew which I did have before.

Frequency is 1500 and I went with 10uf cap and 10k resistor

How did I choose those values? Simple… I looked at what Rob had on his diagram for his board. Haha

I realized afterwards that his is based off of 5V and pulled up to 10 afterwards and mine is running off 10v already pulled up. It works well. Checked those numbers on the calculator and get quite a smooth line. Response times are good.

@Sral you've mentioned safety a few times. Are you referring to safety in like a thermal way like fire hazard or are you referring to the risk of a short when plugging/unplugging the connector when powered?

I like how I have it and I was aware of that risk from even the original reef-pi guide setup. How else would you were the capacitor? Is there any way to mitigate that risk without a complete re-do? I’d like to make this as perfect as possible but a complete re-do isn’t gonna happen unless there is some sort of fire risk.
Sry for forgetting to answer your question :(

I was referring to the risk of shorting the capacitor, which might create sparks on the plug. The capacitor doesn’t have enough energy to heat up anything, I believe, but the sparks might cause undesired effects. It’s only 10V, so it’s unlikely to cause harm to you, but I’m not a professional so … I typically like to be safe.

Have you actually tested whether the output of the robo-tank board already is DC when placing that ANL jumper, or did you just take that as a starting point for your own circuit ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back