Robo-tank outlets schematic

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @robsworld78 I am thinking of getting one of your outlet bars. I know its made for your boards but was hoping I could use it with my Micahael Lane hats. I have one 12v that is used for the DJ power strips but I also have an 8 port available that supplies 5v. Do you have a schematic/pin out available or can you tell me what is needed to drive your power strips via the db9? Thinking about ordering one since I am so lazy and not wanting to wire one up myself and thought I would ask, thanks.

Last edited:

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @robsworld78 I am thinking of getting one of your outlet bars. I know its made for your boards but was hoping I could use it with my Micahael Lane hats. I have one 12v that is used for the DJ power strips but I also have an 8 port available that supplies 5v. Do you have a schematic/pin out available or can you tell me what is needed to drive your power strips via the db9? Thinking about ordering one since I am so lazy and not wanting to wire one up myself and thought I would ask, thanks.

Hey @bishoptf yeah you can connect it directly to any 3.3v - 5v source such as any GPIOs on the Pi, the DB9's on my controller are untouched GPIO's so they can be repurposed easily using other extensions I have or DIY. I always put the circuits in the extensions so they can connect to any microcontroller / Pi directly without needing the main controller. Aside from the signals you need a common ground going to the DB9, the power bar has an AC/DC module to power the relays so no external power is required.

Here's an image showing the pinout of the DB9's on the controller and power bar.

Early next week I'm going away for a few weeks so I won't be able to ship anything until late October. I'm also going to PM you a coupon code if you decide to order. ;)

OP
OP
bishoptf

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @bishoptf yeah you can connect it directly to any 3.3v - 5v source such as any GPIOs on the Pi, the DB9's on my controller are untouched GPIO's so they can be repurposed easily using other extensions I have or DIY. I always put the circuits in the extensions so they can connect to any microcontroller / Pi directly without needing the main controller. Aside from the signals you need a common ground going to the DB9, the power bar has an AC/DC module to power the relays so no external power is required.

Here's an image showing the pinout of the DB9's on the controller and power bar.

Early next week I'm going away for a few weeks so I won't be able to ship anything until late October. I'm also going to PM you a coupon code if you decide to order. ;)
So if I am reading this correctly I will not need to bring 5v over from my hat, just ground and the gpio pins, here is what I would be using...

ml-goby-relay.jpg

Dang going away for a few weeks sounds nice, if i went away for a few weeks I'm pretty sure I would not want to come back, lol....Will need to make up my mind what I want to do, appreciate the coupon code. When do I need to pull the trigger before you leave?

Thanks for the quick reply.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I am reading this correctly I will not need to bring 5v over from my hat, just ground and the gpio pins, here is what I would be using...

ml-goby-relay.jpg

Dang going away for a few weeks sounds nice, if i went away for a few weeks I'm pretty sure I would not want to come back, lol....Will need to make up my mind what I want to do, appreciate the coupon code. When do I need to pull the trigger before you leave?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yeah that's perfect, just the 8 GPIO pins and the ground.

Excited to go away, been 5 years since I've gone anywhere and yeah for sure I won't want to come home as it's getting cold out now. Sorry I won't be shipping until I get back, Monday's a holiday here and I'll be tied up Tuesday and gone Wednesday. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back