Robo-Tank w/Reefpi: Adding other I2C sensors

  • Thread starter Thread starter Atrumblood
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
hmm.. i didnt know about the ec probe returning 4 parameter thing. if those are relevant, we can update the reef-pi driver to expose those
 
hmm.. i didnt know about the ec probe returning 4 parameter thing. if those are relevant, we can update the reef-pi driver to expose those
Yeah that's one benefit to the high cost I guess, if you look on the page below under specifications it says it reads conductivity, TDS, salinity and specific gravity if probe is in salt water. I know this is the case for sure as many used in with my old Arduino based controller. If I remember correctly when you send the standard "r" command the 4 parameters are returned with a comma between them. That's why in their Arduino sample sketches they request 30 bytes so there's enough to cover the EC circuit.

https://atlas-scientific.com/embedded-solutions/ezo-conductivity-circuit/
One thing I find interesting on their OEM EC circuit they don't allow reading of specific gravity, my guess is they want their main circuit to be better then people selling products with their OEM, good way to keep an advantage lol. At one point I thought about using their OEM circuits but it's too much of a commitment and not impressed with SG missing.

https://atlas-scientific.com/embedded-solutions/conductivity-oem-circuit/
 
Yeah that's one benefit to the high cost I guess, if you look on the page below under specifications it says it reads conductivity, TDS, salinity and specific gravity if probe is in salt water. I know this is the case for sure as many used in with my old Arduino based controller. If I remember correctly when you send the standard "r" command the 4 parameters are returned with a comma between them. That's why in their Arduino sample sketches they request 30 bytes so there's enough to cover the EC circuit.

https://atlas-scientific.com/embedded-solutions/ezo-conductivity-circuit/
One thing I find interesting on their OEM EC circuit they don't allow reading of specific gravity, my guess is they want their main circuit to be better then people selling products with their OEM, good way to keep an advantage lol. At one point I thought about using their OEM circuits but it's too much of a commitment and not impressed with SG missing.

https://atlas-scientific.com/embedded-solutions/conductivity-oem-circuit/
Hmm for some reason I assume ec, salinity and specific gravity are all different derivations of same sensor value . I’ll read up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new