Robo-Tank w/Reefpi: Adding other I2C sensors

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm.. i didnt know about the ec probe returning 4 parameter thing. if those are relevant, we can update the reef-pi driver to expose those
Yeah that's one benefit to the high cost I guess, if you look on the page below under specifications it says it reads conductivity, TDS, salinity and specific gravity if probe is in salt water. I know this is the case for sure as many used in with my old Arduino based controller. If I remember correctly when you send the standard "r" command the 4 parameters are returned with a comma between them. That's why in their Arduino sample sketches they request 30 bytes so there's enough to cover the EC circuit.

One thing I find interesting on their OEM EC circuit they don't allow reading of specific gravity, my guess is they want their main circuit to be better then people selling products with their OEM, good way to keep an advantage lol. At one point I thought about using their OEM circuits but it's too much of a commitment and not impressed with SG missing.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's one benefit to the high cost I guess, if you look on the page below under specifications it says it reads conductivity, TDS, salinity and specific gravity if probe is in salt water. I know this is the case for sure as many used in with my old Arduino based controller. If I remember correctly when you send the standard "r" command the 4 parameters are returned with a comma between them. That's why in their Arduino sample sketches they request 30 bytes so there's enough to cover the EC circuit.

One thing I find interesting on their OEM EC circuit they don't allow reading of specific gravity, my guess is they want their main circuit to be better then people selling products with their OEM, good way to keep an advantage lol. At one point I thought about using their OEM circuits but it's too much of a commitment and not impressed with SG missing.

Hmm for some reason I assume ec, salinity and specific gravity are all different derivations of same sensor value . I’ll read up

Back