Rock Coloration ... Doesn't look like coralline?

OP
OP
Justin Hartmann

Justin Hartmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to take you up on those pics tomorrow, I am at work for another 10 hours. Working hard you can probably tell just reading around the forum haha! The tank is a bit of a mess as I just got 7 new corals that need to find permanent spots to live. I will take some full tank shots tomorrow and post though, I like to do that to track growth!

Sorry to hear yours is thriving, I like the patience you portray though. That's one thing I have a hard time with. I will say from the start of my algae issues (when it was full swing) to now I took things slow and natural and waited for results. I think you will be better off for it. It will be a real fix that adds to the health of your tank, not just working hard to clear it fast and mask the real problem. I think that would make the algae clear but not necessarily have a healthier tank. You would probably see it come back.

I might still give the NO3 - PO4 - X a try and track nutrient levels just to see what comes of it. I can update with that information. Its a little expensive up front but should last me almost a year so not to bad. Let me know if there is anything else I can offer (not that I know a ton). I saw some of your tank photos, looks great!!

OP
OP
Justin Hartmann

Justin Hartmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem at all, keep updates coming here if you don't mind (or if you have another thread going let me know). It would be great to know what your experience is just in case mine decides to come back. Plus I like to follow tanks for the enjoyment.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No problem at all, keep updates coming here if you don't mind (or if you have another thread going let me know). It would be great to know what your experience is just in case mine decides to come back. Plus I like to follow tanks for the enjoyment.
Another thread? I'm not that interesting!

OP
OP
Justin Hartmann

Justin Hartmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wasn't sure if you had another post going for your algae. Haha don't be so modest, you are funny, that's worth following along in its own! I do like your tank though, I would be interested in putting one in my office (then I could look at that and not be on forums all day) so I will be following your tank haha.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back