Rock Flower Anemone Ideas????

The_Barrs_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
159
Reaction score
49
Location
Rowlett, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Im a huge fan of the rock flower anemones and curious how everyone keeps them in their tank!
I would like them to stay somewhat together and not just all over my tank laying on corals. I've tried to put them in a QT box with the rock i want to latch them to, then wait for them to latch only to have them come undone a day after i put them in my display.
Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get them to stay together in your tank thank doesn't make the display artificial ("like Tupperware/strainer sitting 6ins off the sand bed")?
Would love to see photos of ideas or what everyone is doing..Thanks!!!
 
Are you putting them in the sand? If so, and your bed is deep enough, I've put mine in a PVC cap before and they usually stay inside of it. Bury the cap under the sand and you're good.

I've also had two of mine stay in the same spot for a few weeks, then take off a good 12" away.. just like BTA's, not a ton you can do if they decide they want to leave.
 
Do you have room to really isolate them in your tank, on a rock, on the sand bed?
 
Are you putting them in the sand? If so, and your bed is deep enough, I've put mine in a PVC cap before and they usually stay inside of it. Bury the cap under the sand and you're good.

I've also had two of mine stay in the same spot for a few weeks, then take off a good 12" away.. just like BTA's, not a ton you can do if they decide they want to leave.
i like the pvc idea, and just keep top flush with the sand bed?
 
If it's not happy where they are they'll move. The PVC cap is not a sure thing, I've had some leave the cap as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new