Rock Flower Anemone - Long White String From Mouth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eclyps19
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eclyps19

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2019
Messages
280
Reaction score
255
Location
Clarkston, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this guy for several months now, has been doing great. Target feed it mysis about 2x per week. When I woke up today, I saw this long slime-looking string coming from its mouth. It appears to be fairly white, and I am just assuming that it’s slimy. It looks a bit like when I saw a small snail get trapped on a heater and die, so maybe it just ate a snail and that’s the snail’s slime being expelled? Just want to make sure it’s not anything to be too concerned about.

F600F61B-A0B8-4932-90E5-C74C98EE20A5.jpeg
 
Following. Other than the tongue, it looks very healthy.
 
False alarm. I reached in to feel it and I’m pretty certain that they were antennae.

That was my first thought. Sometimes they grab the entire molt and then it's more obvious.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new