Rock flower anemone placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo2oh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

turbo2oh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
179
Reaction score
56
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a rock flower anemone a few days ago. I placed him next to a small rock originally and he’s moved a few inches back buried himself in the sand. Is this normal? I’ve been thinking about moving him to a new location.
20250925_144931_C276F51D-E334-4D21-B27A-4071D320B507.png

20250925_144934_9141EA3A-EF8F-45ED-A1C5-05BD375AD8AB.png
 
I added a rock flower anemone a few days ago. I placed him next to a small rock originally and he’s moved a few inches back buried himself in the sand. Is this normal? I’ve been thinking about moving him to a new location.
20250925_144931_C276F51D-E334-4D21-B27A-4071D320B507.png

20250925_144934_9141EA3A-EF8F-45ED-A1C5-05BD375AD8AB.png
I’ve never had a single one stay where I originally placed it. It should move on it’s own, probably multiple times until it finds a spot it likes.
 
Ok I’ll leave him for now so he can acclimate. I’m planning to at least try moving him to a more visible location soon. I’ve already had a BTA move to possibly the hardest spot in the tank to view.
 
I added a rock flower anemone a few days ago. I placed him next to a small rock originally and he’s moved a few inches back buried himself in the sand. Is this normal? I’ve been thinking about moving him to a new location.
20250925_144931_C276F51D-E334-4D21-B27A-4071D320B507.png

20250925_144934_9141EA3A-EF8F-45ED-A1C5-05BD375AD8AB.png
I’ve never had a single one stay where I originally placed it. It should move on it’s own, probably multiple times until it finds a spot it likes.
^^^ this! Mine have all moved, some a little some around the whole tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new